CAFI offers supportive programs and services to assist clients residing in Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Meriwether, and Troup counties. If you are in need of supportive services, please click “Book an Appointment” above.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
An annual program beginning in November, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides financial assistance to help offset eligible Georgia household’s home energy, gas or propane bills.
• Eligibility is based on income guidelines and important verification documents including Household income, Social security cards, valid photo identification and a recent copy of your household energy bill.
• Advance applications are available to low-income seniors (over 65 years of age) beginning November 1st.
• LiHEAP appointments are only available online. To request an online appointment, please click here.
CAFI’s Home Weatherization Program enables low-income families to reduce their home energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient. Through direct household repairs and energy efficient upgrades, CAFI Weatherization Assistance reduces energy costs by increasing the energy efficiency of homes while prioritizing resident health and safety.
Applications for home weatherization services are accepted on a rolling basis and eligibility requirements apply. Please contact Community Action for Improvement for additional information or to apply.
HOMELESS PREVENTION & HOUSING STABILITY PROGRAM
Our Homeless Prevention and Housing Stability is a year-long Federal funded program that is offering rental or utility assistance and supportive services for families and individuals who are the ages of 18 or above. Only people with forthcoming income and a permanent housing solution are eligible for this program.
Client Service Connection
Centered in an approach aligned with client self-sufficiency, resource & referral and direct client resources, CAFI provides comprehensive service connection to low-income clients. CAFI services are comprised of the following:
• Services Resource & Referral
• Housing Stability & Homeless Prevention
• Utility & Energy Service Stabilization
• Benefits Assistance/ Advocacy
• Case Management
• Referrals for Veterans Benefits
• Referrals for employment/ job readiness networks