CAFI offers programs and supportive services to assist clients residing in Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Meriwether, and Troup counties. If you are in need of supportive services, please click “Book an Appointment” above.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance
An annual program beginning in November, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides financial assistance to help offset eligible Georgia household’s home energy, gas or propane bills.
- Eligibility is based on income guidelines and important verification documents including Household income, Social security cards, valid photo identification and a recent copy of your household energy bill.
- Advance applications are available to low-income seniors (over 65 years of age) beginning November 1st.
- LiHEAP appointments are only available online. To request an online appointment, please click here.
Weatherization Program enables low-income families to reduce their home energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient. Through direct household repairs and energy efficient upgrades, CAFI Weatherization Assistance reduces energy costs by increasing the energy efficiency of homes while prioritizing resident health and safety.
Applications for home weatherization services are accepted on a rolling basis and eligibility requirements apply. Please contact Community Action for Improvement for additional information or to apply.
Head Start/ Early Head Start Program
This program offers free early childhood education and family services to eligible families. CAFI Head Start will be offered in Carroll, Coweta, and Heard counties for children ages 0-5 years old, including children with disabilities.
Housing Stability and Homeless Prevention Program
Our Housing Stability and Homeless Prevention Program is a year-long Federal funded program that is offering rental or utility assistance and supportive services for families and individuals. We also offer long term housing solutions, including home ownership. CAFI is a certified packaging Agency for USDA 502 Loans.
For more information on USDA 502 Loans, Click here. *** (At this time, we are not completing loans but can advise on how to get it done. Please call)
Client Service Connection
Centered in an approach aligned with client self-sufficiency, resource & referral and direct client resources, CAFI provides comprehensive service connection to low-income clients. CAFI services are comprised of the following:
- Services Resource & Referral
- Benefits Assistance/ Advocacy
- Case Management
- Referrals for Veterans Benefits
- Referrals for employment/ job readiness networks
- Elevate – Couple Education program